Friday 27 February 2009

The Furry Doom – A Cautionary Tale (Part The Fourth)

Part The Fourth


Tiny claws rip at me, tearing and shredding. Nut-stained, knife-like teeth snap and catch at my exposed face and arms. A veritable wall of fur, moving, writhing, attacking. A ferocious mammalian hurricane of Gotterdammerung-esque proportions has finally swept me up...

And, as swiftly as it had begun, it is over. I am beaten, bloodied and bowed. The squirrels have won.

I drag my bruised and battered body homewards to lick my wounds. I sit and shiver and shake and shudder for what feels like an eternity, images of terrifyingly tiny hairy beasts assailing my waking and dreaming thoughts.

Then suddenly, the fugue has passed. The light of comprehension shines upon me, lifting from my deep, dark pit of despair. I know what must be done, I know what option is left to me...

Preparations take some time. Materials must be gathered and my mental disciplines must be strengthened. I gather and prepare, prepare and gather. All my energies are consumed by it to the exclusion of all else.

Until, finally, I am ready.....



To Be Finished

No comments:

Post a Comment